Having an online presence is a must in today’s digital age. Brands need to be instantly recognizable and present everywhere at the same time.
Here are seven ways to promote your brand online, increase brand awareness, expand your reach, and capture people’s attention.
Social media is one of the most cost-effective ways to promote your brand. While your brand should definitely be present on social media, don’t fall into the trap of thinking that you need to be on every social network out there. Some social media networks are better suited for some businesses than others. Here are the ones we recommend:
- Facebook – Even though it has been declining in popularity with younger people in the past few years, every brand should still have a Facebook presence. Use your Facebook page to provide more information about your brand as well as to post relevant brand-related news.
- Instagram – Instagram is best suited for visual content. This is a great social network for brands in the fashion, beauty, fitness, and food industries.
- Pinterest – Similarly to Instagram, Pinterest is best suited for brands that can provide great visual content. The difference is in the user base, which in Pinterest’s case is skewed toward women.
- LinkedIn – LinkedIn is a great network to promote your personal brand. Brands selling consumer goods should probably stay away from this one.
- Twitter – Twitter is another great network for promoting a personal brand. It requires a different approach than most networks, due to the sarcastic nature of most of its users.
- Reddit – While it can help your brand go viral, Reddit is a very tricky network to market on. Most of its user base is very ad-averse so your efforts might easily produce an unwanted effect. Reddit marketing is best left to experts.
- Snapchat – If your brand is targeting a younger demographic, you might want to try getting on Snapchat. With 186 million daily users, most of them under 24 years old, Snapchat could be the perfect place to promote your brand.
You might also want to try harnessing the power of affiliates to promote your brand. Offer a commission on sales of your products or services and let affiliates promote your brand for you. You can either create your own affiliate program or join an affiliate network such as CJ or ShareASale.
You can promote your brand by creating valuable content that your audience will love. A great way to do this is to create a blog for your brand and write about things your audience is interested in. Sharing great content will not only get you more exposure but also help to establish you as an authority in your niche.
To get started with content marketing, brainstorm a list of topics related to your industry that potential customers might be interested in. Use these topics to create a content calendar for your blog and then stick to it. We suggest writing at least one 1000-word blog post every week. If you can write more without sacrificing quality, that’s even better. Writing relevant blog posts on a regular basis will also help to attract highly-targeted leads to your website.
You can repurpose these blog posts by using them to create infographics that you can then share on your social media accounts. Another way to repurpose content from your blog posts is to use it to create a podcast.
Apart from writing articles, you can also try creating relevant and entertaining videos and posting them on YouTube. Plenty of brands have used YouTube for brand promotion and achieved great success in the process, expanding their reach and increasing sales. A great example of such a brand is Beardbrand.
The quickest way to gain more exposure for your brand is to purchase advertising. Most brands should start with pay-per-click (PPC) or social ads since those provide the most brand exposure for the money. The networks we recommend starting with include:
- Google Adwords – Google Adwords is the king of PPC advertising and should be your first stop. Research shows that, on average, advertisers earn $2 for every $1 they spend on Adwords. Adwords allows you to advertise your brand on the world’s most popular search engine. With Adwords, you bid on particular keywords. When people search for those keywords on Google, your website appears as one of the top search results. You will need to brainstorm a list of keywords related to your brand and niche and use those when creating your ads. Make sure to keep adding new keywords regularly and removing low-performing ones.
- Facebook Ads – If you want to try using social ads to promote your brand, we suggest starting with Facebook Ads. Facebook advertising is especially effective for brand promotion since it allows you to target a highly-specific audience. Facebook offers 18 different types of ads. We suggest you start with the following:
- Link Click Ads – best used to send people directly to your website
- Video Ads – used to promote a video
- Boosted Page Posts – use these when you want to increase the reach of your Facebook Page Posts
- Page Like Ads – opt for these when you want to promote your Facebook Page to gain additional likes and followers
Guest blogging is a great way to get your brand in front of more people. It can also help you drive more traffic, generate high-quality backlinks, and help establish yourself as an authority in your industry. To start guest blogging, find websites related to your niche and offer to write guest posts for them.
There are a number of ways to find suitable blogs for guest blogging. One of the easiest ones is to simply use Google. Here are some search queries that can help you find blogs that allow guest posts:
Google Search Operator: Keyword intitle:”write for us”
Google Search Operator: Keyword “submit a guest post”
Google Search Operator: Keyword “guest post by”
Google Search Operator: Keyword “become a contributor”
When choosing a blog to write a guest post for, make sure that the blog is related to your industry, publishes quality content regularly, has an active reader base and a decent backlink profile.
Once you’ve found a great blog where you’d like to publish your guest post, you usually can’t just pitch your post out of the blue. You can, but it probably won’t yield any results. The best thing to do is to first try to establish a relationship with the blog owner.
Read their blog, get familiar with their content, and comment on a few posts before reaching out. Once you’ve familiarized yourself with the blog and the types of posts they usually publish, write down an idea for a post that you think they would like to post on their blog.
Next, read the blog’s submission guidelines (if there are any) and reach out with your idea. The blog will usually have either a submission form or an email address listed where you can reach out and pitch your post. Once accepted, make sure to deliver high-quality content in your guest post and you will start getting more traffic and brand exposure in no time.
Giveaways are another great way to promote your brand. You can organize a giveaway and award the winners with a free sample of your product or service. Not only will this help you reach more people and popularize your brand, it will also allow you to gain reviews from the winners. Make sure to share your giveaway on your website and your social media accounts as well as send it to your email list in order to get as many people to participate as possible. You can also write a blog post about your giveaway or even purchase advertising to promote it. Make sure to make the giveaway as transparent as possible and post the winners on your website.
Influencers can be excellent brand promoters. Find a few quality influencers in your niche and arrange collaborations with them. Send them a free product or give them a commission on sales to entice them to work with you. Depending on your niche, the two best places to look for influencers are usually Instagram and Youtube. Here are some tips for finding the right influencers:
- Instagram – Look for influencers that have at least a 10% engagement rate. Don’t get stuck on only looking for influencers with a large number of followers. An influencer with 10,000 followers and a 10% engagement rate will provide you with more value than an influencer with 100,000 followers and a 0.5% engagement rate. Once you’ve found a quality influencer, reach out to them via DM or email and ask if they might be interested in a collaboration. When it comes to creating promotional content, it’s best to let the influencers decide how it should look like since they know what works best with their audience.
- YouTube – When looking for YouTube influencers, make sure to pick those which post content that is closely related to your niche. There’s no point in collaborating with a gaming YouTube channel if you sell beauty products, no matter how many subscribers that channel might have. Once you’ve found a suitable channel, go to their About page and look for an email address. Reach out to them and ask if they would like to create a video for you in exchange for a free product or service. Some YouTubers might be strictly looking to get paid, so keep that in mind as well.
Online brand promotion is a never-ending process. If you want your brand to succeed, you need to promote it constantly. Combine the seven types of brand promotion mentioned in this article and you will increase your brand awareness and reach, as well as generate more sales.